09 January 2012

Writesel

 Some time ago (and this "some time" could've easily be a few years) I wrote something. I'll paste it here.

One

He's awake, but doesn't move out of lazyness

The warmth, the scents, the sounds of the world, ...
He registers all this until his mind is awake.

He slowly stretches to get rid of the sleep in his body.

Finally he stands up.
He goes outside.
The world is, Like always. Alight, but also with shadows.

He is all-one. His all is one, not more and no less.

Why is he alone?

He hasn't found anyone to be two with.

Is the two-being necessary?

No idea, He'd like to experience it, but if there's no-one it won't be possible.

He actually isn't looking anyway.

You look for something when you lost it.

You can't lose what you never had so you can't go and search for it.

Is he happy?
Why not, he is, and he will be. Is more needed for happiness? He's alone with himself, he isn't chased, he isn't missing anything, so why shouldn't he be happy?

He loves Silence. No, not silence, ...

Traquility.

He loves tranquility.

As long as there is tranquility, it is. Worries aren't present. Als long as there's tranquility he doesn't have to worry. As long as the tranquility is present.

How long will it be?

No idea, but if would've known therewouldn't be any tranquility because he'd be worrying.

Tranquility makes time, tranquility makes tranquile, tranquility makes more tranquility.

Tranquility makes time. Who has little time can use some tranquility to make some time. Who has more time has more tranquility, and with tranquility comes less worries.

...

He's hungry, he has to eat.

You have no idea how many folders I opened and closed before I found this. Folders I haven't opened in a few years... If computers had digital dust it would've been clouding my computer right now...
So I wrote this "some time ago" and send it to a few people, saved it in some folder and forgot about it. then some folderchanges, some reorganisations and some years later I forgot how it was called. Not only was it hard to find, I had to translate it, which wasn't easy. Original was in Dutch (I'm from Antwerp in Belgium), if anyone wants to have a look at it I can post it...
The translating wasn't really easy. For example the "tranquility" I refer to is something like "peace of mind", "quiescence", "calmness" or "quietness" or something... In dutch it's simply "rust".

Anyways...

Now it's made it on the World Wide Web and I'm actually quite happy it's here.
My main reason for writing this was an idea. First I had this story of some unknown creature that doesn't get described throughout the story. Then I made it more extreme by abandoning any description of place, time, object whatsoever, only reflecting thoughts.

Yes, it says "He goes outside", but there's absolutely no way of telling where this outside is, or what the inside is. Maybe he just went outside his "room", maybe outside his "home". And the "alight" is also arbitrary: what is the light? Might be the sun, but an electrical lamp is also a possibility. And what if some other sensorial organ (other than the eye) registers something as "alight"?

But still, while reading this I keep comparing it to a human being, I keep imagining it being human. I think this mainly is because we only know ourselves of reasoning this way, we can't possibly know how some other creature (or human being for that matter) processes this information, or reasons as here described.
Even I don't really know what this creature is or what it's supposed to be. I only know what I wrote down.

This was one of my "writesels". Maybe I'll write down more. There's an entire world evolving in my head... But it'll take some time to write them out. Anyways...

Any suggestions of what you think of it are always welcome.

Till the next time

-ThOR

No comments:

Post a Comment